© A.W.Marczewski 2002
Reload AWM home
E-mail addresses are modified to in order to prevent spamming / mail-abuse:
in e-mail remove spaces, replace " AT@AT " by "@"
Short CV (A.W. Marczewski)
- 1957 - born in Lublin, Poland
- 1976 - graduated from grammar school (Polish secondary school), prizes in Polish and International Chemical Olympics' (1974, 1975, 1976)
- 1976 - begining of chemistry studies at the Institute of Chemistry, Faculty of Math-Phys-Chem, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University (UMCS) in Lublin
- 1981 - graduated with MSc in chemistry from Dept. of Theoretical Chemistry (supervisor: prof. M. JARONIEC), beginning work (analytical chemistry) at Central Laboratory UMCS; continuing sci. co-operation with Dept. of Theor. Chemistry and Dept. of Phys. Chemistry (adsorption)
- 1982-1984 - work on Generalized Langmuir (GL) isotherm
- 1984-1986 - work on effect of molecular size on observed energetic heterogeneity
- 1984-1986 - work on the new concept of estimation of global heterogeneity (and global non-ideality), H
- 1986-1989 - work on the unified description and prediction of adsorption in multicomponent systems
- 1986-1990 - work on the description of adsorption in wastewaters and other ill-defined systems
- 1987 - PhD in chemistry (spec. physical chemistry, surface science; supervisor: prof. M. JARONIEC) at Fac. of Chemistry, MCS University
- 1988 - beginning of Automatic Sorption Analyzer project (at CL UMCS; proj. chief: assoc. prof. R. SPRYCHA, currently at Sun Chemicals, USA): project analysis, design and programing of analyzer's control system and data analysis programs (Fortran and ASM, CP/M system)
- 1989 - researcher at the Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry of Polish Academy of Sciences (IKFiP PAN), Cracow, Laboratory of Adsorption and Interface Physicochemistry in Lublin (head: prof. J.SZCZYPA)
- 1990 - formal end of Automatic Sorption Analyzer (Surfamat-5x) project,
continuation of hardware/software development (till '93), the instrument was used until '96
- April 1994 to July 1996 - research associate ("joshu") at the Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Laboratory of Surface Control Engineering (head: prof. Ko HIGASHITANI) (Kyoto Univ., Kyoto, Japan); analysis of images of colloidal particles by Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Aug 1996 to June 1998 - back at the Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry of Polish Academy of Sciences (IKFiP PAN), Cracow, Laboratory of Adsorption and Interface Physicochemistry in Lublin (head: prof. J.SZCZYPA)
- since July 1998 - Dept. of Radiochemistry and Colloid Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, MCS Univ., Lublin, Poland (head: prof. J.SZCZYPA, since 1999 - prof. St. CHIBOWSKI)
- 2000-2006 - development of potentiometric titration software targeting microporous solids (based on the idea and program of prof. W. Janusz)
- since 2000 - MCM and MCF syntheses
- since 2003 - adsorption kinetics
- since 2005 - syntheses of mesoporous carbons based on MCF and Pluronic templates
- since 2005 - application of m-exp (multiexponential eq.), m-exp parameter spectra
- 2009-2010 - MOE (mixed 1,2-order eq.) and IKL (integrated Langmuir Kinetic eq.); FOE/PFOE and SOE/PSOE as special (boundary cases) of MOE and IKL
- 2010-2011 - mRSK (modified Regular Solution Kinetics) and LF-mRSK
- 2010-2012 - gIKL (generalized IKL) and generalized MOE (for adsorption and desorption)
- 2012 - DSc (habilitation) in chemistry (spec. physical chemistry, surface science) at Fac. of Chemistry, MCS University
over 50 papers (21 before PhD) (see my ResearcherID), 13 other articles and 64 conference communications
(Jan. 2013), 3 Polish patents (see a full paper list)
theory and experiment of adsorption (equilibrium and kinetics), potentiometric titrations, experiment planning and automation (in the past also: catalysis, Atomic Force Microscopy - AFM).
in Fortran (PC and UNIX), Pascal, VBasic, some Basic, a little C and ASM, html
Recent programming project: potentiometric titrator for slowly establishing equilibria (Turbo Pascal 7), following the idea of prof. W. Janusz.
Polish Chemical Society (Lublin Div.),
Physicochemistry of Interfacial Phenomena Section.
Married since 1983 to Anna Deryło-Marczewska (fellow scientist in adsorption, currently at the Dept. of Adsorption, Chair of Phys. Chemistry, Fac. of Chemistry, UMCS, Lublin; MCS Univ. professor; PhD and habilitation in chemistry; e-mail, www); daughter Agata (born: 1985; MA in Arts/painting, finishing with degree in interrior design).
Top / Reload Main Page & Index
Send a message to Adam.Marczewski AT@AT umcs.lublin.pl